Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 2

Hopefully it's a Day 2 of a revelation, not Day 2 of the worst decision I've ever made. Moving on..

So today I started with a DB Bench + Squat workout. Worked up to an SRM of 100, then did doubles of 90, triples of 80, fives of 65. I find that for squats, these will work well: doubles @ 85-90%; triples @ 75-80%; fives at 60-70%. For DB bench, I worked up to an SRM of 35, and I found these worked well: doubles @ 95%; triples @ 85-90%; fives at 75-80%. Didn't get to go on to eights or tens but I would estimate eighttotens @ 60-70%.

There are four reasons why the numbers are different:

1) Failing on DB bench is not as exhausting and dangerous as failing a squat.
2) Going heavy on the squat breaks form and stresses the lower back and also the knees.
3) I want power in my squats in case I ever transition into Olympic Weightlifting. Don't need so much speed in my bench (but I'll still practise it as much as I can).
4) I will be doing squats almost every day.

Decided for the time-being that I will NOT do the Lifts and I will include Push Presses and Rows, like so:

Snatch Pulls + DB Bench
Back Squat + Weighted Pullups
Front Squat + Push Press
Back Squat + Bench Rows

Excepting the Snatch Pulls (which will only be done in triples or more), these will be done in SRM-pyramid fashion.

My goal of 40s doesn't seem so far after all. I will probably have to move to BB bench once I can hit 40s for triples (but still have working sets on DB). That is, if I continue this regime. Excited though. Don't want to expect too much though or else I might be disappointed, but I do expect to hit 37.5 in the next few workouts and then 40 within the next few weeks at least. Anyway, it's late.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment