Saturday, March 31, 2012

Day 14

Day 12
Front Squat @ 100
DB Press @ 25

Day 13
Back Squat @ 120 3xDoubles @ 100
DB Rows @ 37.5

LOL. 1 week later and I PR another 5kg LOL.

It's 3:00AM, I'm driving back from S's house, thinking whether or not I should go to gym because I will need to sleep soon to get up for my gym date with C at 12pm that day (AKA in 9 hours). I decide to just go in and quickly ramp up to SRM and then fit in as many working sets as I can before 4:00AM (I wanted to get home before Mum woke up). So I'm there, spending about the first 15 minutes warming up and getting ready. Trying to give my quads a reeeeally good stretch (the problem I mentioned earlier was that my quads are EXTREMELY tight at the moment; I'll need to stretch alot more/ask B for some advice), just doing different stretches at different angles and also just sitting at the bottom of the squat for a few moments. I was contemplating not doing squats at all because I realised I really need some hamstring development, and that squats are too quad dominant (my quad to hamstring ratio looks like Tuan Tran's arms, except instead of his biceps he has my triceps LOL). Anyway yeah, so I went bar, 40 (PL style, just wanted to know what it was like..waste of my time), 60 for an easy 5, 80 for an easy 3, 100 for an decent 2, and an easy 110 single, and then boom 120. I was pretty happy, but it was quite laughable as well. I am PRing every single week. If this goes on, 140 is 4 5kg jumps away. Let's say they take around 2 weeks each from now on; that will mean that 140 is 8 weeks away aka around the end of May.

So yeah, May 31 I'm giving myself to hit 140. Oh and it'd be nice if my deadlift goes up too, but I won't be specifically training it. From now on it's going to be hamstring hamstring hamstring. Anyway, Mum's up soon. Will check back for Day 13 (in about 7 hours time).

Day 14
Deadlift 140
DB bench fives @ 32.5

No comments:

Post a Comment